Monday, August 30, 2010

Three Broomsticks - Butterbeer and Turkey Leg

Alright, I am very excited about this post.  Naturally Becca and I went to Orlando so we could go to the Harry Potter Theme park.  Well, suffice it to say it was awesome, but one of the coolest parts was the village they created "Hogsmead", was EXACTLY like the books/movies.  I mean as soon as you walked into the village you really feel as if you've entered the world of Harry Potter.  Anyway, they even have the Three Broomsticks, any HP fans will recognize this as a fairly frequented eatery Harry and his gang visit.  So we had to have lunch there too.  It was basically an english pub, serving up an assortment of English meals but with one very awesome twist.  First of all, no coke products here, only drinks that would be served in "The real Three Broomsticks" so your choices were things like Cider, Pumpkin Juice and best of all.... BUTTERBEER! 
 
Butterbeer came in two different ways, you could either get it cold, or frozen.  I opted for Frozen, which is came basically like a slushly, only the most delicious slushy ever.  The drink itself must be a mix of Iced Tea, Cream Soda, Caramel, and butterscoth, and the white froth on top, well I don't even know what that was but it was amazing.  We got them in souvineir mugs which were more expensive, but for the rest of our time in Orlando we got discounted refills!  If anyone knows where I can get more Butterbeer, please let me know!
 
For my first meal at the Three Brooksticks, I decided to pull a Hagrid and went with just a Turkey Leg.  This was a monster Turkey Leg mind you, right on the bone, smothered in a rub/sauce that very tasty and it fell off the bone easily so I assume it was cooked pretty well.  Although it was very good, and certainly reminded me of something very Harry Potterish, I wasn't thrilled by the overall flavor the Turkey Leg once I got past the skin and the sauce it was in.  It came with a side of fries that were pretty standard.  All for around $17 dollars, clearly a "tourist price" but I'd say worth it if only for the experience / butterbeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment