Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bertucci's White Pizza ~$10

Lunch on Monday with TC.  Decided we needed a change from the normal Chipolte or Harrisons runs so we hit up Bertucci's in downtown Andover.  Bertucci's was testing out a few items from thier new fall menu, so I went with that and ordered up thier new White Pizza with prosciutto.  Firstly, we were served some bread, and some olive oil dip.  Bertucci's makes one hell of an olive oil dip, then spice it up nice and throw in a healthy portion of cheese, so each bite of bread is super flavorful.  Then our meals came, my Pizza at first looked dissapointing as it was sort of "blah" looking.  However, I should not have worried.  The pizza was covered in carmalized onions and the prosciutto was cooked almost like bacon and super tasty.  It was one of the most interesting pizza's I have ever had because of those carmelized onions, they are such a unique flavor for a pizza I was really impressed by how well it "worked."  In any event, the pizza was great, except for the crust which was to hard.  However for just around $10 dollars, it was a huge step up for TC and I in the lunch quality department.

No comments:

Post a Comment