Sunday, August 8, 2010

Belated Birthday Dessert - Grill 23

So my Birthday was actually a few weeks ago, but I think its worth going back and taking a look at the desert I devoured. Unfortunatley, the other courses consisting of a beef tartar for my appetizer and a 20oz New York Strip was so delicious I forgot to take a picture before I wolfed it down. Suffice it to say, the entire meal was fantastic. In any event, back to the desert. First of all, you'll notice the Happy Birthday bar in front. That is solid, totally edible milk chocolate, with white cholocate lettering. The chef through that in extra for me, because well, I'm awesome.

Anyway, the real desert is what sits just behind that bar. A Chocoloate, and Peanut Butter Cheesecake, topped with a solid milk chocolate bar with nuts on top. Say wow... I sure did. Firstly, I am a huge fan of cheesecake and peanut but interestingly not a huge fan of Chocolate so I was a little unsure of how this would go down at first. Well I was pleasantly surprised. I think most people already know that chocoloate and peanut butter go well together, but add in the soft cheesecake portion of this killer desert and you have yourself an orgy straight in your mouth. Litterally. Each flavor melded together sublimely, and as I enjoyed it I found myself closing my eyes and chewing very slowly to enjoy every moment. Unfortunatley for me I had to share.....

No comments:

Post a Comment