Monday, August 16, 2010

Symphony Sushi Tempora Bento - $8.95

So first of all, I head into school today for class hit no traffic along the way, then finally get the parking lot where I always park and it's completely full.  Normally this isn't the case and even if it is only takes a few minutes for a spot to open up.  Well 45 minutes into waiting I got hungry, and Symphony Sushi is only a couple hundred yards away so I decide I'll pass the time with thier Tempora Bento lunch Special only $8.95!

Well this lunch special or box whatever you want to call it has got to the best lunch deal around campus.  Firstly, its really an impressive array of food.  You get 5 pieces of bento, 2 of which are shrimp, 2 Gyoza, 2 California Rolls, Miso Soup, a cup of rice, some melon and grapes and a side salad.  So I started with the Miso Soup, which was fantasic, very flavorful and not to much salt.  It came with mini tofu's in it instead of big chunks and a little seaweed. Then I dug into the main platter.  The shrimp bento's were great, as were the gyoza and california rolls.  However, the vegetable bento was sort of a mixed decision.  The brocolli and zuchini must of been old, because they looked almost a little rotted and that kind of turned me off a bit.  The squash piece was good though so it wasn't a total loss for the veges.  I will add that I have had this special before and usually there is no problem with any of the vegetables.  Salad was good, that orange sauce they put on is really flavorful, I usually don't eat salad but with this dressing I devoured it all.  For $8.95 though, I don't think this deal can be beat, plus its fairly healthy compared to your alternatives in the area.

Anyway, I ate it in the car, and even after that no parking spot.  It took one and half hours just to get a spot.  Luckily I got to school real early today, and luckily Symphony Sushi was close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment