Monday, August 30, 2010

Orlando Day 2: Free Breakfast!

Part of the deal with staying at the DoubleTree Resort in Orlando was we got free breakfast.  Now I was expecting that typical, econo lodge style continental breakfast that allows you to choose between, bacon, sausage and eggs and if your lucky a croissant for breakfast.  I was pleasantly surprised then we as we walked into the Bamboo Grille for our first breakfast at the resort.  There was  HUGE spread of food, from all different sorts of pastries, to scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, meats and cheeses, breakfast burittos, sausage, bacon, beans, muffins, hash browns, potatoes the list goes on and on.  They even had a cook preparing made to order omelets.

Anyway I dived into the mix, and picked out 2 breakfast burritos, which were stuffed with eggs, some meat a little cheese and spices.  I threw some salsa on top because well, they are burritos; gotta have it!  Picked up three of the juciest looking sausages, took entirely way to many scrambled eggs, and scooped up a big spoonful of really tasty looked browned potatoes.  It was great! I am not even a breakfast fan and I was loving it.  The sausages were perfect, a little spicey but not overpowering and really plump.  The potatoes might of been the best part of the meal, they too had a touch of spice and were nice and crispy.  The eggs, were a tad on the soupy side but still very enjoyable, and those breakfast burritos were just icing on the cake.  With the salsa on them, it was perfect.  Needless to say I put way to much on my plate and was completely full, nearly bursting by the time I was finished.  Was it worth it?  Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment