Friday, August 13, 2010

Casa Blanca - Chicken Toastada and Enchilada

So headed over to Casa Blanca in Downtown Andover today with Tyler Carroll; heard a pretty hilarious story or two from the night before, well done Ty and then spent a good deal of the meal talking about our Droid X's.  Anyway, it was clearly chow time, and we rolled in looking to do some business.  We started off with some chips and queso.  They didn't last long, I have to say Casa Blanca makes some pretty good queso, and there chips are just perfectly salted and fresh.

Then we moved on to the main event.  I ordered a combo platter, sporting a always classic and delicious Chicken Enchilada, and something new; a Chicken Toastada.  I know it looks like a pile of shit, next to a pile of throwup, but it actually tastes pretty damn good.  The Enchilada has just the right amount of spice in it, and I love anything smothered in cheese, and the Toastada was basically just a chicken taco but on a flat piece of tortilla.  Even the refried beans were completely gone by the time I was done.  Only thing I did not touch was the rice, they were dry and completely devoid of flavor.  Tyler ended up with a Chicken Chimichonga - I assume he enjoyed it because he didn't offer me any, and ate the whole thing.  Anyway the total bill was around $24 dollars, pretty cheap considering the the amount of food, although we just got water for drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment