Thursday, October 18, 2012

Austin Tehas - Saturday post ACL


Hey,
So after Friday at the ACL Festival we opted on not going to the show Saturday in favor or just hanging our and tooling around the city of Austin.  Our first stop was the Omelettry, a little breakfast place 5 minutes away from where Levine lives.  Place was pretty old school diner"ish".  I got the Huevos Ranchero's and a side of Sausage.  Came with a healthy portion of taters and black beans.  I left nothing on the plate, it was delicious and the fried eggs cooked and flipped perfectly.  Would have liked a few Jalapenos on it though to be honest.
(http://theomelettry.com/)

Next we hit a synthesizer store, Levine wanted to check out making some weird noises.  Our next Food/Drink stop was this little botique coffee shop called Jo's.  Totally hipster.  The people working behind the window looked like, well I don't know odd.  The claim to fame at this place is their Turbo Iced Coffee.  It was great, actually better than Dunks Iced Coffee and I love Dunks.  Almost tasted more like Coffee Ice-Cream.  Anyway, it was really good and the Turbo gave me the boost I needed to recover from the previous day.   (http://joscoffee.com/)



A bit later we went to a bar  I had a Lone Star and saw this dog ordering a few drinks too.  We hung out here for a while, talked to some interesting people and cranked some beers.



Even later, we went to this place called HopDoddy. It's a burger place, basically like a Fuddruckers but they actually put some effort into it.  They make all these specialty burgers and what you see below here is the "Diablo Burger"  Came with wicked hot Jalapeno's  onions, cheese, and Chipotle Sauce.  This was one of the best burgers I've ever had and it was MASSIVE.  I complimented it with that interesting looking Margarita with a Corona sticking  in it holy crap is was so boozey, barely finished it.  Also check out the shake I got.  Yea that's right, a full on Oreo Shake.  Super thick and real whole chucks of Oreo in it. I'm not sure how I finished everything but I did.  That's likely why I gained 5 pounds on the trip.  Oh well it was worth it!
(http://www.hopdoddy.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment