Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Guy Fieri Doesn't Lie! Mikes Delivers

I'm a fan of diners.  I think they are just an American classic.  Large portions, comfort food, and crass waitresses, it doesn't get much better.  Add a little recommendation from Guy Fieri and his Diner's Drive-In's and Dives show and you have a Diner Dining Dynamo. This is what Mikes City Dinner accomplished  Hit this place up with a bunch of friends one early morning, and walked about 2 miles to get there.  It was worth it!  As usual my eyes were much larger than my stomach and I over-ordered, getting 3 eggs, hash browns, grits, toast and a nice piece of STEAK.  FOR BREAKFAST. AHH MANLINESS!  Smothered it all in hot sauce naturally and washed it down with a cool crisp O.J. I want to point out the grits at this place.  In the picture top right corner you can see them.  That is 1 order.  Just a heads up, it is easily enough for 5 people.  Tons of taters, and ham mixed in there and completely satisfying.

Oh by the way, the 2 mile walk home was brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment