Friday, November 16, 2012

Where are you, you spongy, yellow, delicious bastards?

Today marks an inauspicious day for the United States and dessert lovers  everywhere.  Hostess, an American staple of unhealthy snacks, and baked goods has gone out of business.  This of course begs the question, how on earth will humanity survive post nuclear Apocalypse without Twinkies?

Aware of what little time remained for what could be the last of the Twinkies and being eerily reminded of the wise words of Tallahassee from Zombieland (Zombieland Last Twinkie) I decided to "Nut up or Shutup" and head to my local grocer.  When I arrived, there was only 4 boxes left of the Los Submarinos and I snatched them all.  Along with the last bag of Hostess Powdered Donettes.  Now I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever had a Twinkie before, but the thought of never having an original Twinkie drove me to madness.  Therefore, shortly after I bought them, I opened up one of the individually wrapped cakes and devoured it.

Rule #32, Enjoy the Little Things, you never know when they'll be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment