Monday, November 5, 2012

Taco Bell and Pizza Sunday

Decided yesterday that I had waited long enough and was due to try out the vaunted Cantina Bowl from Taco Bell.  Basically I've seen so many ads touting the "Freshness" of this Taco Bell creation that I had to see and taste it for myself.  Now being a guru of the bowl from Chipotle my expectations were high.  They should not have been.  First of all, how fresh can it be when it took "Brandy" from T-Bell about 4 seconds to make it?  Seriously.... I'd rather you say "Ok Mr. dude at the drive through, our Cantina Bowl is fresh so it will take us a few minutes" and just go twiddle your fingers for a minute at least making it seem like your making it fresh.  Nope an incredible 4 seconds after ordering they plopped this bowl of joy onto my lap.  Alright, the rice was hard, the corn was browning, the lettuce was soggy, the tomatoes were flavorless, and the steak was...well the steak wasn't horrible.  The guacamole was a paste though, and sort of scary to swallow.

Suffice to say, Taco Bell is lying, this is not fresh.  Not even close.  HOWEVER, as far as Taco Bell goes it could of been worse I guess, but my advice is stick with the classics at T-Bell, leave freshness to places like Chipotle.

Oh here's some Papa Gino's Pizza I had over at RJ's while watching Football.. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment