Saturday, September 4, 2010

The 99 Three Course Meal - $12.99

So whilst doing some back to school shopping yesterday with the Mom, we inevitably got hungry and decided to swing into The '99 bar for some food.  I was originally planning on getting my usual Chicken Wrap, but I saw they had a few new menu items one of which was this Chicken and Sausage al Forno dish.  I had to have it.  Then the waitress told me that for just $3.00 dollars more I could upgrade and make it this kick ass full three course meal complete with a starter soup and desert.  Now I really had to have it.  I went with the French Onion soup to start off, it was delicious, who doesn't love melted cheese on bread with onion right? No for real though, it was very good and I highly recommend if your not planning on breathing on anyone for a few hours afterwards getting it everytime at the 99. 

Then came the Chicken and Sausage al Forno; it was Penne pasta tossed with some roasted chicken and italian sausages, covered with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce.  I am pretty sure I also tasted some parmesean cheese mixed in there as well.  I guess they throw it in the oven, and the whole thing came out hot and bubbly; good thing I like my mozzarella when its a little crispy.  It also came with a little bread on the side, although the bread was a little stale by dipping into the pasta sauce it actually turned out fine.  The dish was great, The sausage had a little kick to it and the chicken wasnt fatty or chewy, and there was quite a bit of it in there.  The pasta, as usual in the U.S.A was over cooked (Where can I get Pasta Al Dente!!), but still pretty enjoyable and like I've said being a huge cheese lover the Mozzarella was killer.

For desert I finished off with a Key Lime Pie/Cheesecake?  I am not sure if it was actually cheesecake, but Ive never had Key Lime Pie before and it seemed to be basically like cheesecake, it had the same sort of crust and consistency as cheesecake anyway.  The key lime desert was excellent and I think I've found something new that I enjoy.

Anyway all for $12.99 (Thanks Mom) at the '99!

No comments:

Post a Comment